Wingecarribee Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Wingecarribee?
In the beautiful region of Wingecarribee, New South Wales, Australia lies a plethora of tourist attractions that cater to different interests and preferences. From natural wonders to cultural landmarks, this picturesque destination offers something for everyone. Here are some of the best tourist attractions to visit in and around Wingecarribee.
• Fitzroy Falls: Considered as one of the most popular natural attractions in the area, Fitzroy Falls is a 81-metre waterfall located within Morton National Park. It offers stunning scenic views of the surrounding kangaroo-filled bushland.
• Belmore Falls: Another must-see waterfall in Wingecarribee is Belmore Falls. It has a three-tiered drop, providing a beautiful, relaxing natural environment to enjoy.
• Berrima River Walk: If you're looking for a peaceful stroll, Berrima River Walk is perfect for you. This walking trail offers scenic views of the Wingecarribee River and stretches through to the historic town of Berrima.
• Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve: Located just a short distance away from Bowral, the Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve offers various walking tracks, picnic areas, and wonderful views of the Illawarra Escarpment.
• Mount Gibraltar Reserve: A popular spot for bird-watching, bushwalking and taking in majestic scenic views of the Southern Highlands.
• The Bradman Museum and International Cricket Hall of Fame: If you're a sports fan visiting Wingecarribee, The Bradman Museum and International Cricket Hall of Fame is a must-visit. It features numerous exhibitions showcasing the history of cricket and pays tribute to Sir Donald Bradman, one of Australia's greatest cricket legends.
• Sturt Gallery: This charming, well-lit arts and craft gallery features exquisite handmade creations such as pottery, jewellery, and glassware. It also hosts regular exhibitions featuring local and international artists.
• The Berrima District Historical Society Museum: If you want to delve deeper into the region's fascinating history, The Berrima District Historical Society Museum is worth a visit. It contains various artefacts, photographs, and stories from the area's past, including Aboriginal, European, and colonial history.
• Bendooley Estate: An idyllic vineyard option only a few minutes drive from downtown Berrima, this picturesque 100-acre estate is perfect for wine enthusiasts. Its charming Book Barn features a subtly special experience.
• The Milk Factory Gallery and Exhibition Space: This boutique art gallery is located in Bowral and features an ever-changing exhibition roster of local, regional and international artists.
Food and Wine Attractions:
• Centennial Vineyards: An award-winning vineyard with a picturesque location on rolling hills, this beautiful winery has the most beautiful views that offers wine tasting, fine food, and strict adherence to high quality.
• Bendooley Estate: This vineyard is well-known for its exceptional wine, delicious seasonal food or a relaxed afternoon Tea celebration.
• Southern Highlands Artisan Collective: This delightful, locally-owned venue is a coffee house-restaurant with lush, green plants hanging from its ceiling. With an evolving menu full of exciting dishes made with high-quality, locally-sourced produce.
• The Loch: A superb location to experience a full day's adventure, this center of culinary and wine pleasures is complemented, with an organic kitchen garden and flourishing vegetable garden.
• Grand Bistro: Known for beautifully plated dishes with fresh ingredients, this award-winning restaurant offers the finest French cuisine you can get.
Overall, Wingecarribee provides a great opportunity to enjoy natural landmarks, cultural attractions and delicious food and wine. These tourist spots listed above are just a few of the many marvelous gems to explore. Make sure to properly research each and plan ahead to get the most of your visit.
Wingecarribee Tourism Articles